Consider Your Business-Related Interests
Home | Explore | Learn | Consider | Understand | Experience
It is important to identify/organize your interests, and to reflect on how your interests align with the majors and careers you are exploring. The following are some ways to help you clarify your interests:
- Online Interest Assessment located on the CAREERwise website.
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory (most career centers and CAPE offer this assessment through their office)
Long term interests might include:
- Analyze a business to determine how it could operate better
- Control the financial resources of a company, organization, or agency
- Manage natural resources, such as park, forest, or wetland
- Manage the business interests of professional athletes, artists or performers
- Analyze financial records to determine the health of a company
- Help customers resolve a problem with a product or service
- Be the spokesperson for an organization
- Design a marketing or sales campaign
- Sell a product or service
- Create written materials for others to speak or read
Also, spend some time reflecting….
- How did you first become interested in business?
- Do you enjoy crunching numbers?
- Do you enjoy taking leadership positions?
- Would you describe yourself as having a persuasive personality?
- Have people said, "You have an entrepreneurial spirit?" What does that description mean to you?
- What aspect of business interests you the most? The least?