Consider Your Healthcare-Related Interests
Home | Explore | Learn | Consider | Understand | Experience
It is important to identify/organize your interests, and to reflect on how your interests align with the majors and careers you are exploring. The following are some ways to help you clarify your interests:
- Healthcare Interest Assessment
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory (most career centers and CAPE offer this assessment through their office)
- Additional assessment tools from the Health Careers Center
Also, spend some time reflecting…
- How did you first become interested in the healthcare field?
- Do you enjoy spending time in hospital settings?
- What aspect of healthcare interests you the most? The least?
- Are you interested in working directly with patients, or are you open to more indirect ways of helping (researching public health issues, analyzing samples in a lab, writing articles about medical advancement, directing fundraising campaigns for a health-related non-profit organization, etc.)?