College: College of Science and Engineering
Strong Interest Inventory Code(s): IRE
Solve problems and design systems related to infrastructure and the environment. Principal fields include structural engineering, environmental engineering, water resources engineering, transportation engineering, and geotechnical engineering.
Course descriptions, prerequisites, sample 4-year plans, and more.
Related careers, skills, and employers.
Advising contacts, major curriculum, faculty profiles, and current research.
How to Get In
- Talk to your advisor about applying to the Major
- How to Transfer to CSE
Already a CSE Student?
Not a CSE Student?
Student Groups related to this Major
Consider checking out a student group to connect with other students who share your interests:
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Student Chapter at the University of Minnesota
- Building Engineering Technical Skills (BETS)
- National Organization of Business and Engineering (NOBE)
- Chi Epsilon UMN
- American Public Works Association
- Tau Beta Pi
- oSTEM @ Minnesota
- Alpha Chapter Of Theta Tau
Learning Abroad in this Major
An experience abroad is a great way to complete requirements while engaging in new cultures.