College: Dental School
Strong Interest Inventory Code(s): SAI
This three-year program prepares future dental hygienists to provide educational, clinical, and therapeutic services in order to promote optimal oral health.
Course descriptions, prerequisites, sample 4-year plans, and more.
Related careers, skills, and employers.
Advising contacts, major curriculum, faculty profiles, and current research.
How to Get In
- Learn About the Application Process
All students must Apply to the Major
Student Groups related to this Major
Consider checking out a student group to connect with other students who share your interests:
- American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry - Minnesota Student Chapter
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry University of Minnesota Chapter
- Christian Medical & Dental Student Associations
- Minnesota Student District Dental Society
- Pre-dental Club @ the University of Minnesota
- Dental Therapy Student Association
- Dental Student Endodontic Association
- Women's Dental Association at the University of Minnesota
- University of Minnesota Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Dental Society
Learning Abroad in this Major
An experience abroad is a great way to complete requirements while engaging in new cultures.