College: College of Science and Engineering
Strong Interest Inventory Code(s): RIS
Develop a strong background in physics, mathematics, chemistry, and engineering science in order to understand the workings of the physical world including automotive, materials handling, environmental and pollution control systems, automation, and more.
Sub-plan (optional): ME EIP (Engineering Intern Program or Co-op Program)
Course descriptions, prerequisites, sample 4-year plans, and more.
Related careers, skills, and employers.
Advising contacts, major curriculum, faculty profiles, and current research.
How to Get In
- Talk to your advisor about applying to the Major
- How to Transfer to CSE
Already a CSE Student?
Not a CSE Student?
Hear directly from a current student or alumni in this major.
Student Groups related to this Major
Consider checking out a student group to connect with other students who share your interests:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers
- Science Technology Mathematics and Engineering Outreach Coalition
- Science and Engineering Student Board
- IEEE Women in Engineering
- Alpha Chapter Of Theta Tau
- University of Minnesota Clean Snowmobile Team
- Tesla Works
- Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., University of Minnesota, Student Branch of the
- oSTEM @ Minnesota
- College of Science and Engineering Ambassadors
Learning Abroad in this Major
An experience abroad is a great way to complete requirements while engaging in new cultures.