College: College of Liberal Arts
Strong Interest Inventory Code(s): SEC
Focus on the theory and practice of government and politics at the local, state, national and international levels. Study topics such as the exercise of power and influence, sources and resolution of conflicts, the relationship between politics and the economy, culture, and other aspects of society.
Course descriptions, prerequisites, sample 4-year plans, and more.
Related careers, skills, and employers.
Advising contacts, major curriculum, faculty profiles, and current research.
Hear directly from a current student or alumni in this major.
Student Groups related to this Major
Consider checking out a student group to connect with other students who share your interests:
- Undergraduate Political Science Association
- The Minnesota Bipartisan Issues Group
- Socialist Students
- Students for Revolutionary Socialism
- College Republicans at the University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Student Association of the University of Minnesota--Twin Cities Campus (MSA)
- Students for a Democratic Society at the University of Minnesota (SDS)
- All Campus Elections Commission
- Turning Point USA at the University of Minnesota
- College Democrats at the University of Minnesota
- Federalist Society
- Students for a Conservative Voice
- Women for Political Change
Learning Abroad in this Major
An experience abroad is a great way to complete requirements while engaging in new cultures.