College: College of Education and Human Development
Strong Interest Inventory Code(s): SAE
Learn how to work with young people from every walk of life, with an emphasis on urban youth and those from diverse communities. Move beyond the classroom and engage with the youth community through service-learning placements, regular site visits, and internships.
Course descriptions, prerequisites, sample 4-year plans, and more.
Related careers, skills, and employers.
Advising contacts, major curriculum, faculty profiles, and current research.
How to Get In
- Talk to your advisor about declaring
- How to Transfer to CEHD
Already a CEHD Student?
Not a CEHD Student?
Student Groups related to this Major
Consider checking out a student group to connect with other students who share your interests:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters at the University of Minnesota
- University YMCA
- Youth Music Education Foundation - Minneapolis
- Muslim Youth Education Association
- Case for a Cause
- Minnesota Reading Corps & Minnesota Math Corps Student Association
Learning Abroad in this Major
An experience abroad is a great way to complete requirements while engaging in new cultures.